Monday, August 18, 2008

Mountain Lions in Kansas?


I like to think so!

I like to think that I'm crazy enough to want to see one fairly close. It's always been a photographic dream to snap a few shots of one at a close distance (preferably from inside a sturdy vehicle or blind). Not sure what is so appealing to me...maybe it's the fact that they are so elusive and literally capable of ripping a human to shreds...not sure.

This image of cat tracks (which were bigger than my hand) was taken a year or so ago near Lake Pomona in Pomona, Kansas. I've never seen tracks this big...my mom's Siamese doesn't quite make these types of prints in the ground but she still tries to take heads off..

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good location to watch for a mountain lion please let me know!

No comments: