Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back from Vacation!



We are finally back from vacation. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...but we are back! We miss the mountains and the cool, brisk air for sure. We missed home too...just a little!


Our trip began on Saturday around 5 a.m. I'm generally the one waiting in the car for everyone else but this time it was I who had everyone running late. I just can't quite get out of bed on time! We arrived in Dillon around 4 p.m. and headed straight for the barbecue competition that closed down the entire city square. It was AMAZING!


Sunday found the four of us driving to Aspen to see the Maroon Bells. It rained most of the day but we did find times that were sunny and amazing. While in Aspen we visited the Peter Lik photo gallery (imagine me in a gallery...) and turned down a chance at $5.12 gas. We later almost regretted that decision when we barely made it back on Empty. Mom freaked out about every 5 minutes when she realized we would be lost in the mountains and eaten by wild animals. The rest of us thought her freaking out was amusing.


Monday took us on a drive through Ute Pass, which literally takes you to the middle of nowhere. It was beautiful as well. To top off the day I photographed a bald eagle...which always makes my heart race a little faster. It makes everyone else look at me like an idiot....but that's for another day.


Tuesday was shopping day. Enough said.


And then yesterday we came home. I had a migraine which pretty much ruined the first half of the day but it got better in the evening. My bed never slept so good!!






No comments: