Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I can smell it...it's upon us.



Football season is upon us! Can't you smell it in the air?

I sure can. I'm not sure if it's the cooler evenings, the smell of hot dogs on a grill or what but I'm amped beyond description.

Football has always been my favorite sport to shoot...and probably the sport I'm best at photographing. Nothing excites me more than waking up on a Friday morning knowing I'll be covering a high school game later that evening or waking to a sunny Saturday knowing that the Pittsburg State Gorillas will be romping an opponent like Missouri Southern. The smell of victory is sweet...the smell of a good photo is even better.

I've had the good fortune of photographing my Gorillas for several years now and just recently have had the opportunity to cover Kansas City Chiefs home games. Another new one for me is to shoot a few Kansas Jayhawks football games this season. Can't wait.

My dream is to be published in the pages of Sports Illustrated and sustain a career in the sports freelance world. So far I'm still learning and just beginning. Last season I had 10-15 shots published on Sports Illustrated's website so that's a start. Hopefully this season I can make it to the magazine.

The above photo was my first photo to appear in ESPN The Magazine...hopefully more to follow!


1 comment:

Frank said...

Kenny,

Looking forward to seeing more of your work this fall! Congrats on the SI work. Keep hanging in there and someday you will be on the cover! As Chad works to get some playing time with the Gorillas I look forward to some wonderful shots from you.

Take care.