Monday, May 10, 2010

Mr & Mrs Tarchala

It's been a long time coming.
Our designer, the one and only Brittany, got married in Lawrence Saturday. She married Steven Tarchala, a really amazing guy.

Enough of that...on to the wedding details!
Gary and I both photographed the big day so as to provide her with the best wedding coverage money could buy.We arrived at the Country Veranda Inn around 1:30 p.m. and started the photo coverage immediately with a few detail shots before heading to the University of Kansas for some cool portraits near the century-old architecture.

Because there were two of us, I focused mainly on details while Gary did a large percentage of the portraits. We both shot the ceremony and the reception from different angles...she's going to have a KILLER album!

Don't wonder where all the portraits of them are...I'm withholding those as long as possible just to make them want them more! They are enjoying beach time in Key West, FL right now...so they are doing JUST fine I assume!

Brittany is sort of like a little sister to me, as I've been around her for as long as she and Steven have been dating. I wish her well and I know he will treat her greatly. As I was photographing the "reveal" when they saw each other for the first time he said to me that his heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and then he stood there in silence and said a prayer. The look on his face was priceless and, in my mind, was evident that he knew just how special that day was and although looking forward to seeing his bride in her gown for the first time, he was also envisioning many years ahead with her. God Bless!

No comments: