Thursday, August 13, 2009

Falling from the Sky


Let me start by saying that photographing a meteor shower detracts from the awesome display of something so extraordinary that it's not really worth the effort.

Now to the important part.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights were spent watching the annual Perseids meteor shower from my driveway in Fort Scott USA. It was a bit too bright to really see a good show but I saw around 30 those two nights...that was good enough for me considering I was in bed by midnight, which is when the show is supposed to really get started.

Laying in my chair and watching the sky was relaxing and insightful. Too often we all get caught up in GO GO GO, especially myself. I never take a break...this was a great way to do that and really feel how small we are. I might even go back out tonight around 2 a.m. to see how it looks at that hour.

No comments: