Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Colorado Adventures

First I must start off by saying that I've experienced Colorado in all sorts of forms. Every season, every conceivable method of travel and seen quite a few of the natural wonders it has to offer. This was possibly the best trip I've had yet.

Below is an image of the Crystal Mill, located near Marble, CO. It's accessible by a 6-mile drive along a one-lane road that lends itself to death on many occasions. We drove 2 miles down the trail until we decided the rocks were to sharp and the cliffs to steep (50-75 feet straight down in some areas) to proceed in a vehicle. We hiked the last 4. It was tough but well worth it.

The second image is a panoramic from Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'd never made the drive but definitely glad I did. I think it's probably my favorite image from the trip.

Last time I was at the Maroon Bells near Aspen, the peaks were covered by thick fog so all I saw was the lake. This time they showed their pretty faces and I'm glad they did!

No comments: