Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jason Aldean Comes to Fort Scott



WOW!

Just finished editing the photos from the Rockin and Ropin for Pennies for the Park concert featuring Jason Aldean. All I can say is...WOW!


What a great event for Fort Scott. Aldean and his crew put on a top-notch show. Unbelievable!

First things first. Early this afternoon I stopped by the fairgrounds to make sure my pass was going to get me where it was supposed to. I was told that my pass was basically useless....

So after some crafty work I secured a VIP pass but was told I had to stay away from backstage - BOOO! I agreed.

As soon as the show was about to start I met up with the guy in charge of making everything happen concertwise - and was told I could do whatever I wanted, including shoot from the stage!!! And that basically made my day. And I can't forget to mention that I never would have met that guy had it not been for Diana Mitchell, who has got me a few good places I wouldn't have been able to talk my way into. Last year she secured me a spot in a helicopter so I could shoot an aerial shot of the 3 million pennies spread out in a parking lot.

Fort Scott is No. 1!!!! This was my favorite taken from onstage. Eventhough they were all looking at Jason, I'm pretty sure they were screaming for me! Haha

I was lucky to get this shot. Since I had already been next to the stage for most of the show I told myself to find a different angle. BUT...I went back and after one song he came over to shake hands, which sent the crowd into a frenzy.

Early guestimates make the crowd to be around 7,000 people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was AWESOME! You got some GREAT shots. Love that last one of the crowd. You lucky duck. Next time you photograph for an awesome event (say a Jason Mraz concert :D) feel free to extend me a second shooter invite :D)

<3