Wednesday, July 22, 2009

KC Royals v LA Angels

Tuesday night's Kansas City Royals game against the LA Angels was quite boring. So boring in fact, I left after 6 innings. Part of the reason I left early was because I had arrived for about 45 minutes worth of action in the first game of the doubleheader so I had shot about a full game worth of images anyway.

For some reason I am intrigued by Royals pitcher Zack Grienke. Not only is he the team's best player, but he spits sunflower seeds like you can't believe. You can see the image above.

This image is of Angels pitcher Sean O'Sullivan warming up in the bullpen prior to the second game. The light was incredible so I took advantage of it!

Shortstops are my favorite. They generally have a bit of a cockiness to them (much like wide receivers in the NFL) but they also provide great images during double plays. This is of Angels SS Erick Aybar turning a double play on the Royals.

And, my favorite image from the night as the Angels catcher loses the ball while trying to tag out Royals catcher John Buck at home plate.

No comments: