Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Arden & Sloane


People come and go all the time, especially in my line of work...I meet a new person, photograph them and then never see them again. It's just the business...I don't like that part of it but it's the truth. But then again there are people I meet and become lifelong friends with.

I met a couple recently who I wouldn't mind if they became part of that smaller statistic of sticking around for ages.

Bo & Lindsey and their two beautiful girls, Sloane & Arden, were recent subjects on two different shoots in the Kansas City area. Sloane captured my heart at Loose Park (near the plaza in KC) a few months back when I photographed her 18 month portraits. Then, a few weeks later, I got to meet Arden at their home in North KC. She was a beauty and I had a blast trying to make the perfect images of her little features.

We battled torrential rain, monsoon winds and tornado sirens but she was a piece of perfection and stayed calm through the whole shoot. This is one of my favorite images - taken in their front yard about 4 minutes before the storm hit.

In total, I've spent less than 4 hours of my life with the 4 of these people but I felt an instant connection with them all and hope to document their lives with my camera for many years to come.

No comments: