Monday, February 8, 2010

Fabulous 15 - Jessie

A few weeks ago I had the real pleasure of photographing the world's biggest Green Day fan. Her name is Jessie and she plans to someday marry the lead singer of her favorite band. My promise to her last year was that the next time I was in Coral Springs, Florida (near Ft Lauderdale), I would give her a photo shoot as her birthday gift - She would turn 15 a few days after the photo shoot.

She's full of smiles, charm and a little bit of attitude. And she loves Chuck Taylor's - the same shoes I wore in my wedding. How could a person not like her?


I've never had the opportunity to photograph a person in front of palm fronds, so I made good use of a grove right behind her. Love the texture and patterns.

My favorite image from the shoot.

I've always loved it when there's a slight wind during a shoot. The wind was pretty calm during the shoot but it picked up just enough to throw a few pieces of hair over her eyes ... perfect!

No comments: