Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiti - $10 Can Make a Difference

The people of Haiti need help and I feel powerless.

I am at home, sitting in complete comfort. There are very few real worries. My wife is here with me and my bills are paid. There is food on our table and will be for as long as we need. Our roof is solid and our bed comfortable and warm.

More importantly - all of those things are present in our lives. We have beds. We have food. We have water. Our lives are blessed more than we deserve. We have more than we need.

Those in Haiti have fear. Some know they have lost family members while others are still searching for theirs. They have little to eat. They have no homes to go to. They have very little, if anything at all.

I feel powerless because I can't be there to help. There's nothing I can do sitting on my couch...or that's how many of us feel.

But the fact is, I'm not powerless. I can donate $10. So can you. And when we all give, it gives us immense power. It gives us power to help many, many people.

And that gives the people of Haiti the chance for hope. And so now they have something. They have hope. And hope can overcome anything.

Text "Haiti" to 90999 and a $10 donation will be made to the American Red Cross.

No comments: