Friday, May 29, 2009

Well, it's been a long day to say the least. Got to bed at midnight last night after completing my packing for this 9 day adventure that will take me from Fort Scott to Liberal, Kansas, to Colorado Springs, Colorado and back to Fort Scott...with a few detours I'm sure.

I started the trek at 10:30 a.m. today. I set the GPS for Liberal and followed U.S. 54 Highway until I made my destination an hour earlier than expected. Along the way I saw a lot of interesting and not so interesting sights. Here are a few of my favorites. Not included is the deer that almost met its maker but decided to veer off the highway about 2 feet before it met my passenger wheel.
My favorite sign of the day - Da Cajun Shak.

Met this gunslinger and totally blew his face off.
The Holiday Inn Express International - or at least that's what my GPS thinks.....it was wrong. Also, upon trying to find Wal-Mart, I ended up in the ghetto of Liberal....seriously..........

Dorothy's House in Liberal, Kansas. Click click...


The coolest vehicle I've ever seen (sarcasmmmmmm) at my hotel.


The plan is to continue updating this blog daily or at least a few times during the week so you can see the excitement - or lack thereof - of my trek.

No comments: