Thursday, April 30, 2009


Many moons ago, when I was a little dude, I was a typical pre-teen kid who had a love for sports trading cards.

Mom would need to run to Wal-Mart and I would gladly tag along, only because I knew that there was the opportunity to get my hands on a pack of the latest football, baseball or basketball cards. Even if she wouldn't buy my a pack of cards, I was just fine standing in the small aisle looking at all the shiny wrapping on the cards, thinking what might be inside each pack. It was amazing. Little did I know that my mom spent a small fortune on those cards over the course of 5-6 years.

While in Kansas City, I always stopped by the local card store to see what cards they had for sale...most were out of my price range but I still thought about the day I might own my very own Michael Jordan Upper Deck rookie card, valued at around $900. At one point I started to save my money to buy it, but thankfully I never got it. I wouldn't regret it today, but it would have definitely been a waste of money!!!

I was trading card crazy for a LONG time but one day it just sort of ended. I think it was once I hit high school, but can't be for sure since that's been a long time ago as well.

During that span of NEVER buying cards, I have rarely ever had the urge to buy a pack just for the thrill of seeing which player I'd get. Last week, though, I found out that two of my images had been purchased by Upper Deck and used for trading cards. One of those cards is attached in this blog.

Hopefully there will be more of those to come...

No comments: