Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another First - Sports Illustrated Cover Photo


Little did I know when I received my periodical invoice from ICON SMI that it would include payment for a recent Sports Illustrated Book Cover photo!

This was news to me. I try and keep track of all my images with Google Alerts, which alerts me every time my name appears online. It's tough to keep track of images that never make it online though. For instance, an image that gets printed in a magazine or a newspaper won't show up online. So there are always a few surprises when I get paid...and I live for tearing open the detailed invoice showing where my images have landed.

The latest was on Sports Illustrated's "The College Football Book", which is printed periodically.

This was a pretty exciting deal so I thought I'd post it up here for everyone to check out. My image - though small - is the very first image to appear on the cover. Upper left. Kansas University Quarterback Todd Reesing.

No comments: