Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kori Page

Several week ago I gave myself an assignment to photograph something for the Tribune's basketball preview. I wanted to use a subject who loved basketball more than any other sport...someone who LIVED for basketball.

The location was the tough part. As I was driving one evening I spotted this old barn out near my hometown. It had the hoop on it so I figured and old school look would work the best. I had planned on just standing her in front of the barn and shooting. She came with a pair of Chuck Taylor's - the perfect old school basketball shoes.

We got there about 30 minutes before sunset and the light was low in the sky - perfect for a back-lit photo since the barn had no back walls...the light came through and lit up her hair perfectly.

These are three of my favorites....











No comments: