Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Prized Art



I own several pieces of fine art photographs that I consider one of my most precious possessions. Not because of their value but because I can look at the images on a good day and smile or on a bad day I can fall into the locations and feel like I'm part of the scene.

They are shown in reverse order of which I acquired them.

Each photo was made by renowned nature photographer Thomas Mangelsen (www.imagesofnature.com). His work has inspired me to get into nature and show off it's beauty.

The top image I haven't received yet - it's a gift for Christmas that I accidentally found out about. And it is the most special image of all because it's what got me interested in Wyoming, which I think most of my readers know that I am obsessed with.

The image below it, called Changing Lanes, was purchased this October while in Jackson, Wyoming. I've had my eye on it for quite some time and finally picked it up!

Under it, Time for Reflection, is actually a photograph from Jackson, Wyoming that I got at the beginning of the year. I LOVE snow and this image evokes peacefulness.

Wife picked out the panoramic shot of the aspens, titled Time of Falling Leaves. It was a gift from several family members for Christmas last year.

Tree of Life, the image of the tree with the sun setting behind it, is an image from Africa, a place every wildlife lover wants to go see. I'm no different!

Gentle Giant was picked out because Megan and I are both Gorillas - both graduating from Pittsburg State University!!!

And the final image, His Majesty, was a gift from boss and friend Gary Palmer. It was my first print and was given to me for Christmas because he knew how obsessed I am with bald eagles.

1 comment:

MM said...

I bought a Mangelsen print while I was there too. Teton teddy, the Grizz cub sitting in the snow. That gorilla shot is AMAZING in person. I love buying other photographers work. I have a lot hanging in my house.